• 0

The softball complex opened in 1994 and was the first field specifically for the Aggie softball team. The team previously practiced and competed at a Penberthy intramural softball field where the Student Recreation Center is now. The complex is located at the corner of Tom Chandler Road and …

  • 0

The pair of football practice fields is located on the south side of the McFerrin Athletic Center. The fields were originally established in 1998, then named for the David Coolidge family in 2007.

  • 0

The center for Aggie basketball opened in 2006. The three-level facility is attached to Reed Arena on the southwest side facing Tom Chandler Road. The center features two practice gyms, locker rooms, players’ lounges, offices, a weight room and a rotunda foyer.

  • 0

The Aggie Soccer Stadium opened in fall 1994, along Tom Chandler Road. In 2011, the stadium received updates and was dedicated as Ellis Field in honor of Julia and Mark Ellis, class of 1979. The stadium features a scoreboard, press box, camera deck and seating for approximately 3,500 people.…

  • 0

The football stadium started out as a portion of campus designated for agriculture use. Edwin Jackson Kyle, an 1899 A&M graduate, was hired in 1902 as a horticulture professor. In 1904, he was also chairman of the Athletic Council. Kyle fenced off a section of the his allotted campus lan…

  • 0

The Varsity Tennis Center, built in 1998, was named for benefactor George P. Mitchell, class of 1940, in 2003. The previous tennis facility, the Omar Smith ’37 Tennis Courts, was located where the Coolidge Practice Field is now, south of Kyle Field.

  • 0

The Netum Steed Laboratory has operated since 1985, as a strength and conditioning center for athletes. A year after its opening, the physiology laboratory was named in memory of Netum A. Steed, class of 1941. Steed was active in the Association of Former Students and served on the Target 20…

  • 0

The first baseball grandstand at Texas A&M was located on the southwest side of Kyle Field, approximately where the McFerrin Athletic Center is now. The grandstand was demolished in 1963, but the field was still used for practice and games until 1978.

  • 0

The learning center for the golf team is located at Traditions Club, a private club and residential community located in Bryan south of West Villa Maria Road and east of Texas 47. The golf team practices and competes on the Traditions course and practice facilities. The learning center featu…

  • 0

Reed Arena was already more than 10 years in the making by the time it broke ground in September 1995, having received the first gift, $13 million in January 1986. G. Rollie White Coliseum was built in 1954 and was the location for basketball games, commencement and Muster ceremonies and con…

  • 0

The DeWare Field House had been in use since 1923, P.L. Downs Natatorium (home of the A&M swimming and diving teams) since 1932 and Cain Olympic Swimming Pool since 1962. All three were located next to Kyle Field at the corner of Joe Routt Boulevard and Wellborn Road, and all three were …