• 0

The central campus building was the last Fredrich E. Giesecke designed in 1912 during his first stint as campus architect. The Academic Building was completed in 1914. The building is crowned with a copper, oxidized dome, creating a rotunda for the interior. The four-story building is consid…

  • 0

The Administration Building, built 1932, was the last to have the design influence of Samuel C. P. Vosper. However, it was the first to face the new state highway and away from the train depot.

  • 0

Located on John Kimbrough Boulevard, the complex houses three departments within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: recreation, park and tourism sciences; agricultural economics; and agriculture leadership, education and communication.

  • 0

The animal motif prominent on the exterior and interior of the Animal Industries Building is similar to other campus buildings of the early 1930s. Samuel C. P. Vosper designed the building completed in 1932. The exterior features stone casts of cattle skulls, horse heads and shoes, and cornu…

  • 0

The Anthropology Building was initially an engineering building in 1952, according to a 1958 campus map. The building recently underwent renovations during the 2012-2013 academic year. The first floor houses Institute for Nautical Archaeology and the Center for Maritime Archaeology Conservat…

  • 0

The office building for a branch of the U.S. Department of Agriculture was built in 1942. Alfred C. Finn designed the building located at the corner of Wellborn Road and University Drive. Today, the building houses offices and classrooms for the department of health and kinesiology.

  • 0

The  West Campus building is located between the Heep Center and the Wehner Building. The building was completed in 1989. The biochemistry/biophysics department falls under the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The Ag Cafe is located in the building, which includes a Chick-fil-a and …

  • 0

The first Biological Sciences Building was built in 1950. The second building, or Biological Sciences Building – West, was completed in 1967. The pair of buildings are located on the south side of campus, in sight of the Academic Building and Cushing Library.

  • 0

Bizzell Hall was completed in 1918 as a dormitory designed by Rolland Adelsperger, head of the architecture department. During the 1960s, it was converted to offices. Today, the home is headquarters for the international programs office.

  • 0

Bolton Hall was constructed in 1912 as the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Building. Bolton is located across from Nagle Hall in the Academic Plaza. The facades are mirror images except for posts on either side of Bolton entryway's steps.

  • 0

Rolland Adelsperger designed Butler Hall in 1916 as the administration building for the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station. According to 1958 and 1975 campus maps, the building was home to the agronomy department.

  • 0

The Buzbee center was completed during summer 2012, and is located between Harrell and Lacy halls in the Corps quadrangle. The center provides academic study and tutoring for cadets. Gov. Rick Perry, class of 1972, attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

  • 0

The now office space was built in 1974, as a delux dormitory and dining hall for athletes. The previous athletic dorm, Henderson Hall, was converted in 1974 for the Texas Engineering Extension Service. Cain Hall was converted in 2004 for residence life administrative offices. Today, it also …

  • 0

The Chemistry Building was built in 1932 and designed by Samuel C. P. Vosper. Displaying tile panels feature chemical symbols between the second and third floors. Mexican-American art inspired the ornamentation.

  • 0

The Civil Engineering Building was originally the Veterinary Hospital when built in 1932, according to Bryan, College Station, A&M: An Architectural Tour by Stephen Fox. On a 1940 campus map, stables and a pathology lab surrounded the instructional hospital.

  • 1

Built in 1987, the building is headquarters for the Association of Former Students and the Aggie Network. It is located at Houston Street and George Bush Drive. Students order and receive their class rings there when they officially join the Aggie family. The second floor of the building fea…

  • 0

President M. Thomas Harrington moved the administrative offices to the Coke Building when it was completed in 1951, according to A Centennial History of Texas A&M University 1876-1976, Vol. II by Henry Dethloff.

  • 0

The library was built in 1930 and named after Col. Edward Benjamin Cushing, class of 1880. He bequeathed his collection of engineering books. Cushing was chairman of both the Board of Directors and alumni association from 1896 to 1899.

  • 1

The dining hall anchors the south end of the Quadrangle where all 12 dormitories for the Corps of Cadets are located. However, non-corps students are welcome to eat there as well.

  • 0

The David G. Eller Oceanography & Meteorology Building is the tallest building on campus at 15 stories. (Rudder Tower is 11 stories). The O&M Building is equipped with a Doppler radar system on the roof to record weather data. The Office of the State Climatologist is located in this …

  • 0

The building was dedicated in April 2012 and primarily houses the Dwight Look College of Engineering. It is also a collaborative facility for the college with preclinical studies, veterinary medicine, biomedical sciences, visualization laboratory and the College of Science. The building is l…

  • 0

The five-story library was built in 1968 and named in 1975 for Sterling C. Evans, class of 1921 and Board of Directors’ president from 1963 to 1964.

  • 0

The then-Mechanical Engineering Building was completed in 1919 and was the last Rolland Adelsperger, head of the architecture department, designed. Fermier Hall was campus architects’ “last attempt to ‘adopt’ the Romanesque ‘style of architecture,’” according to university archives. The buil…

  • 0

The School of Veterinary Medicine opened in 1916, and its primary building, Francis Hall, was finished in 1918. Rolland Adelsperger, head of the architecture department, initially designed it in a way that exceeded the budget. Then an architectural firm took over and redesigned the size and …

  • 0

The building dates back to 1922 as the Agriculture Building. Edwin B. LaRoche, head of the architecture department from 1918 to 1925, designed the building. It was repurposed for the history department in 1996. The building is located between the Liberal Arts and Humanities Building and Evan…

  • 0

The Petroleum Engineering and Geology Building was built in 1932. Its intricate architectural details include tile mosaics and cast stone sculptural details, typical of designs by Samuel C. P. Vosper, chief designer with the College of Architect’s Office.

  • 0

The education center was completed in 1973. The tower is connected to the Harrington Education Classroom Building by an outdoor skywalk on the second levels. The education center is located north of the Academic Building. Other surrounding buildings include Cushing and Evans Libraries, Franc…

  • 0

Heaton Hall was built in 1925, originally home to the university-owned Exchange Store, a precursor to the University Bookstore. The building was renovated in 1977 for the admissions and records office. It is located on Ross Street.

  • 0

The laboratory science building was built in 1977, and is located next to the Biological Sciences Building – West on Nagle Street.

  • 0

More commonly referred to as “Old Heep,” the former biochemistry building was built in 1957. Old Heep is located on Lamar Street, next to the Student Computing Center and Central Parking Garage. Today, the building is used as lab space for the departments of wildlife and fisheries, biology a…

  • 0

The West Campus building is home to the departments of horticultural sciences and ecosystem science and management. It was built in 1984 and greenhouses were added in 1987, flanking the south side of the building. The Borlaug Center for Southern Crop Improvement and its greenhouse complete t…

  • 1

Hotard Hall was built in 1939 at the same time as the Corps dorms. The former residence hall provided a place for food services personnel to live and is located not far from Sbisa Dining Hall.

  • 0

The chemical engineering building was dedicated in 2005. The seven-story building is located at the corner of University Drive and Spence Street. Nearby buildings include the Mitchell Physics Building and Luedecke Building. A section of the exterior is all glass.

  • 0

The Engineering Physics Building, built in 1986, is located on Spence Street between the Luedecke Building and the Mechanical Engineering Office Building. The building houses the mechanical engineering department and part of the physics department.

  • 0

The petroleum engineering building was built in 1989, and named for Joseph C. Richardson. The building is located on Spence Street in the College of Engineering district on the north side of campus. The roughneck statue depicting an oil field worker is next to it, facing Ross Street.

  • 0

The West Campus building was built in 1983, and is one of a handful of buildings not named after an Aggie. It is located across the street from the Veterinary Small Animal Hospital. Surrounding buildings include the Medical Sciences Library and the Wehner Building. The facility is home to th…

  • 0

The Blocker Building was initially the Academic and Agency Building when it opened in 1981. At that time, it was the largest classroom and office structure on campus. It currently houses the English department and is located on Ireland Street next to the Mitchell Institute and Physics Buildings.

  • 0

The Texas A&M Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation, is separate from the university, according to its website. Its purpose is fundraising for scholarships, including the President’s Endowed Scholarship program, and major development projects for the university. The Hagler Cente…

  • 0

The 1978 building is located in the Olsen Boulevard loop on West Campus. The building houses the departments of animal science, nutrition and food science, and poultry science. A three-quarter, life-size statue of Kleberg on a horse is in front of the building. Inside the building, oak panel…